You wish to install your favorite application and you are wondering how to install APK on Bluestacks? BlueStacks lets you install and download any Android app as long as you possess the APK file.
And, since there are numerous third-party sources providing ready-to-install APK files, nothing else will prevent you from enjoying your favorite applications and games, even if you don’t own a smartphone.
So, let’s begin our quest of how to install APK on Bluestacks and its origin, and how it solves your queries.
What is BlueStacks?
Whether you’re a tech-savvy individual or you’re just getting started with Android development, you may have heard of BlueStacks and you wonder how to install APK on Bluestacks.
BlueStacks is an Android emulator that allows running Android apps and games on your computer to make use of your PC’s bigger display, powerful processor, as well as good graphics.
It allows you to enjoy Android games and applications without purchasing an Android smartphone, introducing the power of Google Play directly to your PC.
You can use this emulator to reach all Google Play features. Massive amounts of Android applications, games, eBooks, and magazines are included. But what happens if you can’t open Google Play?
This is where APK files become extremely useful. APK means Android Package Kit. In brief, it is the file format used by the Android operating system of Google to distribute and install apps.
Also: If you are having trouble in downloading APK files on android phone, read this blog to get all answers.
How to Install APK on BlueStacks
Now, enough with the background information, let’s move straight to the method. Depending on the BlueStacks version, you must follow different steps to install APK files. As such, we have included instructions for various BlueStacks versions.
How to Install APK on BlueStacks 4.230 or Earlier
Supposedly, if you wish to open your Android applications on BlueStacks version 4.230 or before, here’s how to install the APK files of any application you want:
- Get the APK file from a reliable third-party website.
- Launch BlueStacks and go to “My Games.”
- Select the three vertical bars next to the “Personalize” icon. You should see a menu with options to change the size of your icons, adjust your wallpaper, and install APK.
- Click “Install APK” to launch Windows Explorer and locate the folder that has your APK file.
- Once you’ve located the app, select it and press the “Open” button towards the bottom of the Explorer window. The application should now start installing on BlueStacks. You can then access it via the “My Games” section.
How to Install Apk on BlueStacks 4.240 or Later
Although BlueStack’s versions 4.230 and 4.240 share many similarities, the steps to how to install Apk on BlueStacks files differ slightly. While using version 4.240 or later, follow these steps:
- Get the Apk file from a reputable and trusted third-party website.
- Install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Click the “Install Apk” icon in the right-hand sidebar or enter Ctrl + Shift + B at the same time. This should launch Windows Explorer, allowing you to locate the folder that contains the Apk you want to install.
- Once you’ve found the file, select and click “Open.”
- The application should proceed to install and be moved to the “My Games” section of BlueStacks.
How to Install Apk on BlueStacks 5
BlueStacks 5, the most recent version, provides Android users with the finest and most seamless gaming experience. Your desktop, however, must possess a minimum of 4GB RAM and 5GB of free disk space. BlueStacks 5 supports two methods for installing Apk files:
The Drag & Drop Method
- Get the Apk from a reputable and trusted third-party website.
- Install and open BlueStacks on your computer.
- Go to the Apk file location.
- To initiate the installation process, drag and drop the Apk file onto the BlueStacks homepage.
- After successfully installing, open the application from the BlueStacks 5 home screen.
The Windows Explorer Method
- Download the app’s Apk file.
- From the Side taskbar, select “Install Apk.” This should bring up a Windows Explorer popup where you can choose which file to install.
- After you’ve found the Apk, select it and press the “Open” button to start the installation process.
- The app’s icon should appear on the BlueStacks homepage after installation.
BlueStacks Failed to Install Apk
Although the installation of Apk files on BlueStacks often goes as planned, some users have encountered issues, particularly when using older versions of the Android emulator.
So after knowing how to install Apk on BlueStacks, let’s also learn some troubleshooting techniques to overcome any unexpected error.
Installing the BlueStacks Invalid File Resolver
BlueStacks developers have launched a software patch to address the issue of some Apk files not always installing successfully. You can download and install the patch on BlueStacks. You must be able to install Apk files with no problems after the installation.
Installing the Rooted Version of BlueStacks
It’s a well-known fact that some applications can only be installed on rooted versions of the OS. Similarly, one such app can only be used with a rooted version of BlueStacks. The best part is you’ll be able to easily locate a copy on the internet.
In the case that none of the solutions above work for you, it is most likely that the problem lies with your BlueStacks application. It’s possible that it didn’t install correctly or that it’s unsupported by your desktop. Prefer removing it and then reinstalling the app’s most recent version.
BlueStacks is a miracle worker when it comes to installing Apk files. It lets you enjoy and run almost any Android application, along with anything from the Google Play Store. Installing Apk on BlueStacks is a great way to improve your Android experience.
These methods are quick and easy, and they will make your life a lot easier. Just follow the methods listed in this blog post and you will be up and running in no time.
We hope this blog was great help in your question how to install Apk on Bluestacks.